Sunday 28 February 2016

FINDING "WHY"

If there is one question I am asked daily, it is – HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED?

Honest answer? There is no set answer! it’s all up to you.   Here’s what works for me -I try to keep my GOALS at the front burner of my mind constantly. This, I believe, is the first step to staying on track and even when I stray, it’s never for too long. [Of course no one stays on top of their game 100% of the time. Na winch? Lol] I just know what I want and keep my mind focused on getting it. To reach those goals I know that I have to train hard and keep my meals in check also.

It’s ok to have those picture perfect fitspiration on social media who you look up to but it is equally important to realise that you have to be your own biggest motivation. Having role models is not enough because you simply cannot succeed by wishing or wanting to be someone else.

You have to want to be the best version of yourself all for yourself and no one else. And I mean want it very bad. It is your motivation that births the discipline you need for this journey. Both will work hand in hand to make you wake up an hour earlier to get that workout done or choose to eat a bowl of salad when all you really want is a nice hot plate of jollof rice or warm pizza.  Ugggghh! I know how hard that is but GOALS. The fact that you are not where you want to be should be your motivation.  Is that bottle of chilled coke worth the extra sugar? Is that late night nkwobi/suya/alcohol worth the damage it will do to your waistline in the long run? 
One day i want my hip to measure at 40inches... One goal that keeps me going! 


It is important to find a reason(s) why you are doing this. The "WHY" plays a huge role in how hard you push yourself. For me, I put in work every day because I want to be healthy for my unborn kids; I want to desperately prove first to myself that I can do anything I set my heart to do, then to everyone who said to me that I cannot do this; to prove that anyone can make time for what is important to them.
What is your reason? Find then, hold on to it and let it propel you towards your goals because the best project you will ever work on is YOURSELF.


Next article I will share how I set my goals and stick to them but for now have a productive week! 

Love always,  Xx


P.S - If you need extra motivation, follow my journey on instagram [@ella_az] for my workout rountines, meal ideas and struggles. 

***DISCLAIMER: I am not a fitness expert. i am only writing based on personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...